By Shantell Ogden
Hotel Park City at Sundance
This year was my first Sundance experience and what an experience it was!
Here are my top three highlights :
– The People- You never know who you are going to meet, and where you’re going to meet them! Celebrities aside, one of my most interesting conversations was with Garrett Dickson, regional sales manager for nimbuseco, a company that makes toilet paper out of bamboo and sugar cane. Apparently it looks and feels just like regular TP (yes, I asked)! Here we are on the street below:
Main street in Park City at Sundance with nimbuseco folks
– Creativity Mecca – Everywhere you went there was live music and movie buzz! It was like a massive creative melting pot! I had a great time performing at Flanagans and the Hotel Park City as part of Concerts at Sundance.
Me and Stephanie before the interview
This week marks the beginning of the Sundance Film Festival, and I’m gearing up to be part of it this year through “Concerts at Sundance” benefiting Huntsman Cancer Institute! Thanks to Stephanie Degraw, founder and owner of Power Media Entertainment (organizers of Concerts at Sundance), here are a few facts about the series…
• Concerts at Sundance supports cancer research through the music of local and international indie artists.
• Over 30 bands and artists will perform during Concerts at Sundance. There are artists traveling from Belgium, Canada, Texas, Tennessee, California and more!
• Even though the series isn’t part of Sundance Film Festival, co-locating the event provides increased awareness for fundraising efforts, as well as international stage for indie artists to gain exposure to more fans and entertainment executives.
• There are concerts every day during the Sundance Film Festival; all shows are open to the public and ticket prices are low- and proceeds benefit a great cause, too!
To purchase tickets or make a donation, click here. For information on my show dates and times at Sundance, click here.